#40   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 12:55

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
The main K thread has a lot of info about why this is both correct and important.

I've been thinking about the question of increasing carbs a lot myself. Dr. K's approach fits with my philosophy: don't make your body do extra work. That's why I'm against fiber - fiber only lowers GI by making your body do extra work passing it through. Calorie restriction makes your body do extra work by denying it the fuel it needs. Grains and beans make your body do extra work by binding up minerals and flooding your body with other antinutrients, which then need to be flushed. So it makes sense that you don't want to tax your body with excess protein.

My problem now is figuring out which carbs I could have. I'm planning to keep it pretty Paleo. I'm on a no-vegetables trial right now because I want to rule out vegetables as a cause of my troubles, but when that is finished I'm thinking of upping my sauerkraut and maybe adding some turnips or potatoes. Plus, it will be berry season by then and I can't say no to a few fresh local berries!