View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-17, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/177.5/156 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thank you all! I'm going to take some of your suggestions (including moving to a mid-morning snack), but the general consensus seems to be "if you're hungry, eat something." Makes sense. As the old saying goes, you can't please all of the doctors all of the time.

My "fasting period"
tends to be 13-14 hours overnight, with 10-11 hours in the middle of the day (8 am to 7 pm) for eating. Seems to work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Hi Mike,

I see a few things right off the bat-

1. If you are eating Greek yogurt, you are already in phase 2, not induction. But that is of no concern. You don't have to stay in induction to lose weight, and it isn't encouraged for you to do so. It's purpose is to kick you into ketosis and stop the cravings.

2. You don't lose weight "through ketosis." It is that ketosis reduces appetite and reduces insulin levels.

3. If you don't mind sharing, how old and how active are you? You might need more calories. In particular, your breakfast and lunch might need more fat.

4. Are you losing weight? If so, great job. Stick to it!

5. I don't eat breakfast. I have lunch, snack, dinner, snack.
I like to graze and find large meals don't sit well.
But I do like a window from 8-9pm until 11-noon where I'm "fasted."
most people on this forum find that snacking makes them eat MORE throughout the day. I'm the opposite. We are all unique snowflakes, so you have to experiment on your own

Hi Robin,

Yup, already moved into 2. It makes me happier and seems more sustainable. Berries are a big key for me.

I'm 45 and not active enough. I try to walk 1-2 miles per day, about 3 MPH. Will have to figure out something else when the weather changes.

I am losing weight for now. Of course, the first few pounds are always the easiest, but I guess there's no use making too many changes if it already works.

Mike