#20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 04:54

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatChick
As a former vegan and current vegetarian, I can assure you real vegans and vegetarians do not eat meat, otherwise they are by definition not vegan/vegetarian. I am saddened by the ad hominem attacks going on in this thread, while there wasn't even one in the vegan post.

It is probably because we low carb/Paleo folk are under constant attack by militant vegans. A particular point was when Dr. Atkins died from slipping on the ice and sustaining a head injury; the Center for Science for the Public Good (vegan doctors, I gather) stole confidential medical information and used it to imply Dr. Atkins was very fat when he died, and thus trying to discredit his life's work.

Or the period where several vegan bloggers revealed they now had to eat meat for health reasons, and then had to shut down their sites because of death threats. Before doing so, several of them shared emails they got from people who stated, "Yes we all eat meat but shut up! It's supposed to be a secret."

Even though vegans and vegetarians get a lot more social approval and outright admiration than low carbers do, they seem to be highly defensive and prone to making wild claims about things that turn out not to be true.

We even have a sub-forum with a live thread for vegetarian low carbers right now.

We're just sharing our experiences. It's not our fault a lot of them haven't been good