View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 13:45

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Yikes

You probably shouldn't cut down that far (Atkins) while you are nursing. Baby needs some of the nutrients and energy that carbs provide. As adults we can get them other places, but he has only just that one source--you. How old is he? There are other plans, PP or GO, that are not as limiting (in my opinion, healthier for you too) that can help you be LC without denying you or him the calories and nurtrients that especially he needs. There are food choices available that will allow you to do the yeast diet and still maintain lower carbs and good nutrition for the baby. I suggest looking at the comparison pages of th is website to see what is out there and how it might work better for you in your current situation. Even just following a yeast diet is going to make you lower carb and likely lose weight slowly as your body heals. You probably need to prioritize...nurse a healthy baby or lose weight now?...you can get rid of the yeast while doing both or either.

I QUIT sugar and AS cold turkey. Took three days to not even think much about either unless it is right in front of my face (I try to avoid that). Like I said I was amazed at how much the AS was I believe causing the cravings that could NOT be put aside (those addicted feelings). I had attempted to quit sugar many times before with no success while staying on the AS. As drastic as it sounds, sometimes fast is better, causes less pain and suffering and cravings, and gets you what you want NOW. With all your symptoms, getting rid of the yeast feed FAST sounds like the thing to do. While it may hurt for a short time, it will be better in the end. Have you read any books or done any research on getting rid of yeast beyond Atkins? (I haven't read what that says.)

Water and exercise and other things like that are important. There a a bazillion hints and tips about how to get the water in. I usually get a minimum of 2 ltrs of water a day. Oh! Extra water will also help your milk supply, since a protein diet is pretty diuretic. What exercise are you doing? I run, do yoga, and play outside when ever I can. I also started skin brushing, sauna, and get as much massage as possible! It is all helpful in cleansing. Getting free of yeast, losing weight, etc etc, is about adopting a healthy lifestyle that you can STICK WITH! If you only do it long enough to feel better then it will come back. Usually with a vengenous (sp?).

Good luck! Talk later. Jo