View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 12:02

Plan: Sort of paleo with dairy
Stats: 240/180/180 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress:

Looking at McDonald's burgers, something like 30-50% seems to be meat in terms of weight.

Even so, I've heard that these end up as "processed meat" in the statistics. E.g. you eat three burgers a week and they are about 1½ lbs total, so your stats show you're eating 1½ lbs "processed meat", when in reality it's way below 1 lbs. In the process, the crap, i.e. the sugary dressing and the forever fresh space buns and so on, get labelled as processed meat which of course they are not by any means. Any truth in that? If so, no wonder "processed meat" looks dangerous. (Even if it isn't true it's no wonder because you eat a lot of crap, for instance I don't think that eating a burger will increase your daily dose of sugar by whatever amount it contains. In crap epi stats, that is.) But we all know the problems of confounding, right?

For me, processed meat isn't a frozen patty which is 100% mince. For me, processed meat is that cheap hot dog that contains about 20% meat, 31% butchery leftovers*, and all sorts of crap like soy, flour, and additives on top of that, everything processed into a pink mush.

*: I dunno about legislation in e.g. the US, but generally in Finland they want to call their sausages meat products which means you need to have >50% of "meat and comparable ingredients", so you might have 10% of actual meat and >40% of whatever you can wring off the carcass after cutting off all the stuff you're selling as proper meat.