View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-17, 10:44

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Many people don't know how to cook, Rea says; they only know how to heat things up.
Gee whiz. That's sorta what I call cooking, low-carb wise. It takes less time and trouble to steam frozen veggies in the microwave than it does to nuke frozen entrees. A whole spaghetti squash takes about twelve minutes--if you poke it REAL GOOD so the steam escapes and it doesn't explode. I think kids would love spaghetti squash--especially if it explodes once in a while.

You moms know better than I do what it means to say, "The kids won't eat it." I mean, how many meals will they pass up before they realize that's ALL THERE IS? 'Course, you have precious little control over what they can cadge with their allowance money at the nearest convenience store. Or even at school. Too bad about that.

I guess Michael Pollan came the closest to defining a "plant based diet:" Eat real food. Mostly plants. Not too much.

Unfortunately, corn chips, potato chips, raisins, orange juice, pasta, and Wheat Thins (to name a few) are all plant based.

I eat a plant-based diet: that pig, that cow, that chicken ate a lotta plants and plant products, no?

As long as the doc brings accurate information, having him/her at the grocery store is downright friendly. For most people, any dietary guidance would be an improvement, especially if it starts with, "Cook stuff."

Thanks for the article.