View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-15, 07:17

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Cassie. For me, movement I enjoy and eating real food are part of taking good care of myself and feeling well.

The joy of moving is something grand, I think. Whether walking at sunrise and watching the birds, the leaves glistening in the colors coming in from the horizon, or dance exercises or restorative yoga, -- there are so many ways that moving lets in the joy of life.

I filled the bird baths and water feeders this morning and really enjoyed the early morning air. Carried around buckets of water and watered the plants. I did a round of my stretches and senior yoga, went for a stroll. Saw a neighbor and visited, strolled around and greeted a few folks in the neighborhood. Fresh air and sunshine, giving kindness in the neighborhood.

Good food, lovely movement, building good will, --- to me, it all fits together as part of nourishing ourselves and being a nourishing presence to others.

It's wondrously true that exercise increases insulin sensitivity, builds strong mitochondria, and improves oxygenation. Yoga increases GABA, and so on....

Just going for a stroll, or doing a few stretches, it all contributes to feeling well and cheery.

I have movement "treats" throughout the day. Sometimes, I have to be deliberate about doing them, but they are in my protocol, just as keeping my food plan. Keeping balance in life. I find joy in rising above that sluggishness and moving, just as I find beauty in abstinence in my food plan.

Hope that helps some.