View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 22:21

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hey there, a Dr.S person! Yea! I've just started Dr. S, but I am not new to LC, but knowing it and doing it are two different things.
Here are a couple of things I've done in the past that seem compatiable with Dr. S.:

I make up a huge tuna fish (or salmon, or egg) salad with only mayo, then I can add whatever I think of at the moment to change it up for a quick work lunch. A minor cheat might be (I do 7.5 carbs for snacks) half a bag of South Beach whole wheat envelope crackers. Haven't gotten the ones she has suggested yet.

When I cook on the grill, I cook a second meat for the next night, and extra of even that for lunches. I cook a lot of skinless chicken breasts. First night off the grill, and if I can hide the extra ones from bottomless pit son, I have sliced chicken for either a greens salad, a chicken taco salad or regular mashed chicken salad. Sometimes I take some dip and just dip the chicken "spears" and veggies in it for a quick lunch. I use the Suzanne Somers various flavored salt sea rubs and sprinkle some on when I am marianating the chicken, just sprinkle on as it is cooking if no time to mar., or just flavor the dip itself with one of those salts. I love this stuff, put it on scrambled eggs, on cottage cheese, egg salad, in salads, dressings, with anything that is not sweet. Because there are so many different flavors, a single flavored can lasts a long time and by different flavors, you can make something simple taste great and very different from the last time you used a flavor.

I make up lots of greens, or in a rush, just buy a large (or 2) bags of already prepared salad greens and one of baby spinach.

I will make up either a cole slaw or a cucumber salad for the week. They can be changed up by the ingredients or the dressings.

Cut up red and green pepper strips and have celery in a tall glass in some water keeping crisp.

If I'm in a real rush out the door and if you like them, grap a can of sardine. Always be sure you get the layered pack with the SMALL sardines (Norway brand) and a couple of hard boiled eggs and the mustard bottle. Again, grab some crackers and you are set.

This week, I wrote down on a sheet some meat recipes, listing the meat needed, cookbook and page number, then went back through my books and put an appropriate vegetable and its reference. Then went back again and made not either a simple carb (mostly for dear son, but for me to have my portion of "good" carb out of) or if I had that already written by the meat, then a non-starchy veggie recipe or noted what kind of thing I could do. In doing this I tried to make one thing a simple thing and only one thing that I would need to use a recipe for. That way I am only trying to learn how to do one new dish at a time. By doing this I can see if I have a pfvc planned. I must have done this for about 45 combinations. so I check my freezer for what meats I have on hand, run down the list to find that kind of meat and presto I already know what I'll be fixing. Make a quick pantry check and I'm in business for the week. I don't have to contantly be meal planning and thinking what can do with what. I also made one page of things that will go with just anything and one of sauces. But I know that whatever is on that list is already been checked out as far as being appropriate and it will match the pfvc plan.

I also made a list of quick lunch packer ideas for when my brain isn't up yet.

Well hopes this helps you out. Blessings