#14   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 21:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Welcome, you young whipper-snapper! Maybe a thread I started last year could help you in choosing your Medicare Advantage Plan . The thing to remember is that every State is a little bit different in what plans they offer and their costs.

Yesterday I found a thread here to test our Getter-Uppers. I did well and decided to add that to my daily exercise. However today my knee twinged when I did it, so I stopped. Evidently, I was a little bit too enthusiastic when I tested myself. Even though I already take a joint supplement, thanks for the reminder about gelatin. I'll be adding that tomorrow to my BPC.

"Young whippersnapper!" Thank you! I am sometimes amazed at how young I feel, considering being 64 1/2. Especially considering how "old" my mother was at this age. I don't have a lot to compare to - grandparents all died in their 70s, one g'mother in her 60s from cancer; g'father I knew best was an "old man" when he died at 75; father died early from an accidental injury; mother was just tired by the time she died; really didn't want to live anymore. It seems very sad to me. I know several ladies, contemporaries of my mother, now in their 80s, who are so much more vital than she was before her death. One, who died last year at 95, was quite "with it", though her joints didn't work so well. But her mind was as sharp as they come. I am aiming for that - though, hopefully, with better joints. I loved my mother, but am hoping to do better in my "old age" than she was able to manage. I wonder sometimes if she thought that as well - living longer and better than her parents - or whether dying in one's 70s was thought to be the norm.