Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly

Came back to a new thread
Good to have you back!
Quote:
Good news! I weighed in this morning and I am UP only 1/2 lb. from when I left. NOW that to me is a super successful trip....10 days away in a land of carbage and drinks and I HELD MY GROUND WELL and only up 1/2 which will be gone tomorrow I am sure~

first time I left on trip and came back literally ON the weight I left....well 1/2 lb. up but to me that is nothing
Half a pound is nothing, girlie! I betcha lose it by tomorrow, eh?
Quote:
Thing was I had to combat the 'eating out'. hubby was in a massive 'everything eating out' and ALL he could get for different tastes. BBQ place one day.....all you can eat crab/seafood joint another, then a friggin' pizza joint....then kiddo dragged us out to chinese for lunch and SO ON and so on

and the one thing that made this trip horrible....and I am serious here....THE WANT OF FOOD. It drove me insane. Almost to the point of screaming NO MORE. It is disgusting. It is addictive insane focus on food while on vacay. IT SHOULD NOT be that way. I see it.....they don't
Well you done good b/c you didn't partake! Yes, I know it must have been horribly difficult! But you stayed WARRIOR STRONG!

That's worth CELEBRATING for sure! Imma cheering you on:
Quote:
I tell ya thank goodness I brought MY food. tuna before eating out. a big old ribeye before being dragged out to chinese and SO on......as long as I ate before the 'mass carbage attacks' I was OK.
Excellent strategy and I'm so glad it worked for you!

You know Karen, it doesn't get easier, at least that's been my experience! I just remind myself how far I've come and is it really WORTH face planting into a carb-age dish! And the answer is always a resounding Oh HELL NO!
Quote:
I just don't 'do food' like others any more and thing is I DO NOT want to do it like the old days
That's a great place to be!
Quote:
Great vacay, no damage, NEW perspective on HOW we eat and how to avoid MY pitfalls and all is in good shape!
So glad you had a great time AND THIS:

“At the end of her vaca, Karen DID NOT regret what she DID NOT eat since she REFUSE to serve herself up a plate of GUILT!”

Woot! Woot!
Quote:
OH, new RV was perfect. we love it!
Cool! I was gonna ask you how you all liked your new RV!