#19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 06:14

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
But please consider if it doesn't that as long as you continue to eat more protein than your body can deal with - the excess will continue to harm your metabolism, which will then take longer to heal.

I hear what you are saying. But the difference between the two is so minimal that I can't obsess too much over it. I mean if my protein goal is 64g and I find I've actually had 65 or 66g I can't believe it's going to kill me. Prior to this plan I was eating 140-160g of protein on many days! Now *that* is a big difference. Clearly if you eat 2-3 times more protein than your body needs it's not a good thing.

But a couple of grams is probably not even statistically significant. As someone else posted (and sorry I can't attribute properly, but there are so many Kwasniewski posts and threads that I find it hard to go back and look for it) all our numbers are just "best guesses" anyway. We can weigh and measure to the best of out ability, but there are still going to be unknowable variables in things like the actual amount of fat vs. protein or carb in our food items. And at present we have no easy way to do a chemial analysis of every bite - nor would I want to! That's just too obsessive.

Maybe I'll be happier with less protein as time passes. Already, after only 10 days, I'm feeling happier with smaller amounts of protein and fat.

I mean, my protein need based on 150 pounds is 68g. Based on 140 it's 64g. According to Lifeform yesterday I ate 66g. But was it really? I mean was it actually 68, or 64, or some other value? I just came close. Unless I eat well *under* my number there is always going to be that balancing act.

And maybe I well reach a point where I am well under my number. I'm still in the mindset of not wanting to lose lean body mass. And while I understand *too much protein* is not a good thing there also has to be an issue with too little.

So baby steps, baby steps .... I'm down another pound today. That's 2 for this week now. Added to last week's 3 I'm down a total of 5. <Happy Dance>