Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-17, 07:35

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- That is great news! That is two of "us"- you and Lori- who have counseled others and/or made money doing so. Well done!
Have a great time with your grandson. Take a pic or two on your phone if you think of it!

Lori- Hope you are having a great time!

Trig- Sorry your time with your buddy fell through. That can be so disappointing when you are really looking forward to girlfriend time.

Kmom- Agree with you about the CASA kiddo but the good news is that she is in a great placement and has been since birth, and it is a relative placement so she is surrounded by family members rather than in a foster family. To me the scary thing would be that a parent gets just well enough to get her back and then falls apart again.

Blue- Hope you had a wonderful time with your friend yesterday. You deserve some wonderful down time!

••••••••

Happy Saturday all!

DS15 did get his room clean last night, I believe. I haven't seen the final result since he is asleep but I did hear him doing stuff, and the sheets are in the laundry room this morning. Plus the trash can in the kitchen was rather full of stuff he cleaned out so apparently he moved into some deep cleaning while he was at it. I'll take that!

Today Dh and I are going to drive the van over to a friend's house and drop it off over there for her. Her car died and she needs an alternate vehicle for work this week and while she shops for a new car. It's sort of a beater (2006, 162k miles) that we keep for the kids to drive, and since DS18 doesn't have it at college and DS15 isn't quite old enough for a learning permit, we are happy to loan it out to her. Talk about a rough week- she is currently in Nebraska because her Mom died.

Then tonight DH and I are going to the National Harbor to meet his parents and brothers for a fancy schmancy dinner. This isn't really my scene, a fancy anything, and both my SILs bailed. I want to bail too but I would feel badly doing that to my ILs - I think they would be paranoid is all three of us did, like we had colluded or something, so I'm going. But (insert whine here) I have get dressed up, and put on makeup, and be all freaking grown up and well behaved and OOOOOOHHHHHHHH I don't wanna gooOOOOOOOO!!! Don't worry though, I will suck it up and smile and be all good and stuff.

No UMD game on today as they are on a Bye but will be tuning in to watch the Ravens tomorrow. They are looking really good this season thus far but I am hesitant to celebrate much, yet!