View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 18:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Toner,

You really do have some of your facts skewed (but that's understandable, since it's the same junk that's been fed to us for the past 20 years or so).

I don't know what an Aero chocolate bar is, or how much sugar/carbs are in it. I do know that it is important to customize your program to suit your own needs, as long as what you eat doesn't affect your ability to stick with the program, either due to the effect of fluctuating insulin levels or poor weight loss.

I don't stick to the Atkins program 100%. I have caffienated coffee, more cheese than I'm supposed to, and a couple of glasses of wine just about every evening. Once a month I enjoy an off-program meal. My weight loss is moderate, about 25 lbs. since early September. I feel so much better, though, and honestly am rarely hungry and almost never have the cravings I lived with every day before low-carbing. Before this WOE, I couldn't make it to lunch without some type of sweet treat, but now I don't even care.

Can you perhaps try a sugar-free chocolate snack until you're able to give it up? I strongly encourage you to really give this way of life a shot before judging it as a short-term weight loss. Take it from one who's been there, done that. It's not able losing weight. It's about being able to enjoy life, yet maintain a healthy weight.

Tami