View Single Post
  #814   ^
Old Fri, May-19-17, 12:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 441/359/210 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Wow, thud, reading about your philosophy gave me some insight why I was unable to maintain my two previous big weight losses (2002 and 2009). It became a "battle of will" for me once I lost the weight. I eventually lost the battle of will power.

For me, the success concept does exist. I can define success in small non-scale milestones like, simply things people take for granted like climbing stairs, getting up off the floor easily or never having chair issues in public places.

These things I consider personal successes because the changes I implement (the things I DON'T do) will lead to it. There is some will involved for me, even if it's the will to get to the store to get the proper foods.

Quote:
To put it simply the change in my body came only from my body reacting to a different way of eating - and that has been to avoid GPS (Grains, Potoato-like starches and Sugar) so I didn't DO anything, I just did NOT DO

Because of 2 large weight losses and then gaining it all back, I realized that now, for me, the scale is less important but more of a guide.

Thank you for sharing brother, a very positive and real way to look at it.