#7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-18, 07:21

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

If you want to lose weight, adding that much fat and oils to a drink or eating "fat bombs" is counter productive.

I both agree and disagree with this statement. Fat bombs, heavy cream etc. on a standard Atkins sort of approach didn't help me with weight loss. Increasing fat didn't help.

Replacing calories with fat did. I dieted down to 154ish a number of times on higher protein, lower fat (not crazy low fat, around two-thirds fat, one-thirds protein as calories) and that just resulted in excess appetite, cravings, and binges. Experimenting with a 4:1 diet like they do for epilepsy, things settled right down and maintenance was easy.

I did drift away from that 4:1, it's pretty draconian, and my weight drifted up to around 164. Still better maintenance with just leaning towards a higher fat ratio and being careful with protein. It took several years to get back up to 164, most of that time my weight was closer to 160, ten pounds lower than my usual low carb rebound weight of 170. Tightening up again, which meant more controlling protein and carbs, I've had days where my weight is under 150, I don't think it's been there since I was in my teens, at least not while eating to appetite (once during a fast, but that was followed by lots of binge/craving). This eating about 2000 calories a day. I'm not necessarily eating more fat--I'm eating more butter and cream, but since I'm eating less meat, I'm getting less fat from that, I don't know exactly how much. I do know that at the same calories, I'd be more hungry with more protein, because I've done that experiment a zillion times.