Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: Berstein's
Stats: 220/189/155 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbUgh
...I was very motivated and really tried to stick with it. I don't think a lot of people are, I'm sorry to say.
Before I found LC, I was about ready to give up; it was my "last option" at the time. In discussion with most people re: LC, they look at you in abject horror when you try to tell them that an apple a day isn't something I can eat. I, and I think many people are brought up with the constant reminder of the healthful aspects of fruit and are considerably "propagandized" into thinking that eating fats clogs arteries and causes one to gain weight (due to the caloric punch). In other words, these things make sense to most people, and most people learned them at a young age.

LC is to many, counterintuitive and is not programmed into us. The fact that it works wonderfully for CVD indicators and weight loss and diabetics in general is often lost on most people because they already know the answer... (the old adage - don't bother me with the facts, I already have my mind made up). Hitler once said - give me a child until he is 9 (or maybe it was 12) and there will be a bit of him that is a Nazi for the rest of his life. I think that LC is up against similar hurdles in that the opposite is so ingrained in many of us.

Just my 2 cents YMMV,
/smile