View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:10

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Amaocean, I learned of this site from the SS bd. also, and enjoy it. I still look in at the SS bd. and find help there. I think the 2 plans complement one another in some ways, especially level 2 SSizing and Sp. WOE/WOL. Also I can not imagine that I would ever stay with a WOL that did not have a dessert occasionally, so I do use Suzanne Somer's books for that ( her level two desserts seem healthy to me and they are low sugar if one never wants to use sweeteners.)I feel every individual has to customize a WOE to sick with it. Being rather obsessive at first was helpful with me.

I cannot make any grand statements of shocking success on the scale since using Schwarzbein mainly but I have lost about 3 lbs. very gradually over the last cpl. of months. On strict level one somersizing I was having hair loss and trouble with constipation and when I read the Schwarzbein bk. again and started following it more carefully those difficulties ceased.

Maybe it is my imagination, but it seems like people with 20 - 30 lbs to lose (especially in middle age) seem to have to lose it v-e-r-y gradually anyway. Between SS and this I have taken 1 year and one month to lose 14 lbs. or more (don't know my starting weight for certain) and need to lose at least 15 more to be at a normal BMI(body mass index).

In addition to what the scale shows as lost, my cholesterol panel has improved with each drs. visit, my dress size has gone down, when I haven't seen some one in about 6 months they comment "you have lost weight haven't you, my energy level has improved, and since using 'TSP' <the Schwarzbein Principle'> I have felt very balanced. As I am also hypothyroid, this is very important to me.