Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 22:53
Registered Member

Plan: X-Factor/Atkins
Stats: 202/157/145 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
VALEWIS
You know, the FibreX is very expensive and can be a lot more cheaply reproduced: LSA has three of the ingredients in it, so one can just add a few others to it such as psyllium, WPI, lecithin, etc.

Gigi

Hi Gigi

That was what Gillian was referring to when she was talking about the porridge recipe

Quote:
Gillian452

Thanks Greg I found an Empower stockist in a health food store in Chadstone. You are right about the price.
Started a weights program this week in the gym, in addition to all the cardio I do, so I have sworn myself off the scales for a few weeks. Hope to see results like yours!
By the way I've been using a Protein Powder for women called Sculpt (2.6 carbs per serve)but I see a recommendation about for a Product made by Redback that is lower in Carbs that I can get at Vitaminzone in Prahran. Is there any particular brand thats best? Thanks by the way for taking the time and answering all my questions.

You're doing very well so far. Congratulations on the weights program. It is very rewarding. I love it, never miss a session now. I find that my weight has stalled. I'm not too sure if I have really stalled or am gaining muscle mass at a rapid pace. 3 days a week of intense weights and my weight stays the same, kinda says something Thing is, I'm not feeling a looseness in my clothing either. But then I've been buying new clothes all the time, so who knows.

The protein isolate I use is made by Balance Technology. It's 0.5g of carbs per serve. Or is it per 100g? Can't remember, either way, it's very low. It's $65 for 1.5kg. $144 for 4kg. This is unflavoured protein powder. I get this from the Forest Hill store as well. I saw it at Camberwell as well. There was another post earlier that was saying that Redback products are inferior, but it went on to say that the comment was made by the purist muscle builders So inferior is a relative term. I'm happy with my powder.

Greg