#22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 03:45

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil
Not meaning to be critical at all but just speaking as someone who has been there done that. Until you get to the root of an endocinological problem you really don't know what meds you need or what supplements. My endo explained it like this-your endocrinological system's hormones are interconnected in the body, when one hormone is off it sometimes creates a cascade effect on the other hormones and until I get to the root of the problem I don't like throwing supplements and medications at a patient until I discover the root cause of the problem or else I really won't know what worked for the patient and what I exactly treated. No offense was meant at all-my forum speak is not really the touchy feely kind-I'm more direct without meaning to give offense.

Hi lisabinil,

I think my hormones were going crazy yesterday!!! Today I feel a lot more serene and wonder why I got so touchy...

I really do take your point and am hoping - you hear so many horror stories - that I will eventually find a decent doc. As you can see from the above story, my GP has not been very useful so far...

amanda