View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-23-17, 23:09
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 320/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Going to try giving up anything remotely sweet after 1.5yr plateau. Help!

Hello everyone, it's been a while.

Two years or so ago I started a low carb diet. For three months of sub 50g gross per day I lost 30lbs. Then I went sub 20g gross per day to lose another 40lbs over the next 8 months. So 70lbs in a year from 320 to 250.

Then I continued low carb for another year and never lost another pound. Silver lining is that I never gained any. It's weird, if I go on vacation for a week and eat absolutely whatever I want, total junk, i'll gain about 15lbs. That weight will drop off in less than two weeks, but when I hit 250 again the weight loss shuts off and I stay right there again. (verified across several scales).

I tried a different diet for a few months, what most people would probably consider "healthy" and not only did it not not work but I didn't feel nearly as good as on low carb.

So I came back. I was hoping the shock of going from that diet back to low carb would kick start some weight loss but it hasn't. So I sit here, still at 250, can't budge it.

So... I'm going to try the only other thing I can think of. Giving up the sweets. No, I haven't been eating ice cream or cake or anything all this time, lol. I mean the "low carb sweets" Zero calorie/carb pop, Splenda sweetened tea or Splenda sweetened whipped cream or even a Carb Smart ice cream bar every now and then. All the sweet stuff that probably shouldn't be a problem but might be.

Now, i've given up pop for long periods to try and see a change and i've never noticed any improvement in anything so i've always come back to it. But i'm becoming a diet pop addict and well, that can't be helping anything.

So obviously if i've waited 18 months to try this it's because I don't really want to do it. It's going to be hard, i'll need support. My wife is next to me drinking a Mtn Dew right now and snacking on M&M's (we have different eating styles to say the least).

So if you have any support to offer please do. Thank you!
Sponsored Links