#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-17, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: OMAD intermittent fasting
Stats: 200/173/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Very disappointed. What now?

I have been following a very low carb diet (usually 20 g or less a day) and doing intermittent fasting, eating 1 meal a day, for about 3 months now. I have tested positive for ketosis the whole time and only had 1 "cheat" meal, which was pad thai about 6 weeks ago. I have felt wonderful, never hungry, full of energy, and noticed a decrease in belly fat. My clothes were fitting better. I have taken a variety of vitamins and supplements. Generally a positive experience. I hadn't gotten weighed as the scale and I are enemies, and I was waiting to get weighed at my annual physical. I also had a full panel of blood tests and I was so excited to see how I had done, especially the cholesterol and blood glucose tests. Imagine my dismay to find out that I had gained 2 pounds, and my cholesterol numbers were through the roof. My LDL was almost 200 points, and my HDL, which was good at 66 points, was not enough to offset it. My doctor wants me on statins, and I talked him into letting me try 6 more months to see if I can get it down on my own. My blood glucose was normal but just barely, even fasting. I don't know what more I can do. I guess I can try more exercise, but other than that I don't have any bright ideas. I feel like I really failed, despite everything. I had a whole day of eating everything and anything I wanted yesterday and will get back to the program tomorrow. The only good thing is that since I don't drink any longer it was only a food binge, not an alcohol one.
Sponsored Links