View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 16:28

Plan: LC HF MP IF
Stats: 565/386/282.5 Male 73
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%
Default Hello triple digit people!

A little quiet in here. Surely I am not the only person at ALCF who has 3 digits to lose.

You know what drives me nuts? When I look at before and after pictures and think to myself "What!? I would kill to look like the before picture!". He might be a little overweight but he is certainly not afraid that any given minute his chair will break underneath him. Has he ever had to wrestle with his belt for pants-related dominance and came in 2nd place? I doubt it. Or worse yet when they show this ultra skinny female or buff male in the BEFORE picture and they groan on and on about their 3lb burden. That ultra thin layer of body fat that is reducing the depth of their 6-pack abs. Oh the tragedy! It also bugs me when they talk about how they are a whole new person now that they have dropped that 3lbs. After all it was ruining their lives!

I know, it all comes down to perspective. I have lived through that myself. 200lbs ago I felt obese. 100lbs ago I felt obese. When I start to drop weight I will feel super thin, light and mobile - until I look in the mirror. Then I will just feel more mobile. It's true that we cannot associate as well with other people's problems as we can our own. In this case having more than 100lbs to lose. Heck I need to lose 100lbs 3 times! But I am going to do it and will enjoy the journey. I am more prepared mentally and physically than I have ever been. The amount of support I have in my life is overwhelming. But just as important as all of that, I have made the choice to complete my mission come hell or high water. Yes I will hit detours, obstacles, distractions and maybe even setbacks. But I will improvise, I will adapt and I will overcome. And then I will go find those people who lost 3lbs eating cabbage soup or taking ShrinkFast2020 and show them all my before photo.

No there wasn't a lot of point to this post, just trying to wake up this section! I will be here for a long time and it feels like I am standing in a room all by myself.
Sponsored Links