View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 14:25

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I had never heard of aldactone for this purpose until I went to my doctor this past year. I'm not sure what to tell you on the dosage I would think 50mg would be more reasonalbe that 100mg. My best advice at the moment would be to do several searches on the web with aldactone and PCOS as the search words. Perhaps you could find some suggestions from other doctors online. I would also check around for other doctors opinions in the area. I know it is a pain, but the higher increase in male hormones is a great indicator of PCOS and you don't absolutely have to have cysts seen on ultrasound. The cysts of PCOS and ovarian cysts are two very different things. PCOS is still a very underestimated syndrome and you need a doctor that will really adress it with you and not treat you as it is not a problem. If you indeed have the syndrome I would venture a guess that you do, you need someone that will work with you when you are so willing to heal yourself.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Don't start taking anything until you feel like that it is right for you.
This happened to be the right thing for me, but my goal has been to heal and get my health back. You may have different ways of trying to get there, but if it works for you more power to you. Medicine can be very benefical but it can also have it's draw backs as well so you are very correct in being careful, asking questions to make the best informed choice you can.
I also use surgicream to remove my hair on my face, and I'm looking at buying something I saw on qvc one time. I have to wait for some money to do so.
Tanya