Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 17:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhyreworks
Honestly, the whole refeed/free meal idea scares the beejeezus outa me I've been doing so well staying away from things for over a year I'm afraid if I let myself have them I might go "hog wild and pig crazy", as the saying goes.

Yes, I know the feeling. My first refeed was... a little over the top. My advice is to not bring anything refeed wise into your home you will abuse. Same with free meal, he recommends having it away from home. Now I've had english muffins and granola sitting around all week and I haven't been tempted... well, ok, once I was slightly tempted, but I shrugged it off. Cookies were another matter.... those had to be trashed. Another suggestion is make it your last meal of the day, just so it ends after 5 hours... instead of 10 like my first one.

This week, my appetite is so shrunken, I couldn't possibly do what I did before.

I had a sandwich, piece of lemon cake and I feel like I could explode. I might squeeze in some granola or an english muffin before bedtime.

But it really does seem to reset things hormonally. I always get really hot after a refeed and my appetite, which has been creeping up all week, gets smaller again.

Just to clarify the duration of the diet, it depends on the category (i.e. how much body fat you have). It can be a very short duration or it can go longer. I think with Cat 3 he says go until whatever. For my category, I think it was 12 weeks, then I'm supposed to take a 2 week break where I do maintenance. But he is flexible on the subject. Not a bad idea really, gives you an opportunity to practice maintenance.

Also, I want to point out that it isn't all fun and games with Refeeds... they can really be uncomfortable. I'm trying a more moderate one this time because that painful bloat the first time really convinced me to be careful.