View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-08, 18:33

Plan: no bread,pasta,potatoes
Stats: 160/158/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi there,
I am new to the site and am thrilled to find someone who loves Callanetics too! I used it years ago, and still have the first book and the dvd along with the super callanetics dvd. I had the stomach and legs video, but can't seem to find it. I have no idea why I stopped using it. It was so effective but it was also hard. That's probably why I stopped using it. Since then I have tried the Bar Method, Lotte Berk, and just recently Fluidity. I like Fluidity because it came with a sturdy bar! But the moves are so similar to the other workouts I mentioned above. But Callan has something special over all of them. I plan to get the Evolution and Cardio dvd's, because I too would love to teach the class. Once I am back in shape. So...any suggestions as I get back into the Callanetics groove? I have a few pounds to loose and some toning to do. I will say I have been doing Fluidity and the Bar method for a few weeks and have already noticed a slight improvement in my body. I did the Callanetics 10 in 10 dvd today for the first time in a while and am feeling it now as I type...not to mention as I walk. I am 52 and won't run any more, but will walk, fast. This will be my first year not running in the Komen race, but I plan to walk. I heard that running no only wrecks your joints, but your face as well. I am looking to come up with a Callanetics and walking program. I can work out daily for as long as I want. How many days between Callanetics work outs do I need to leave for muscle recovery? In her book she says you can do it daily...I think. Any input would be appreciated. I am so glad to have found this group and I look forward to hearing from you.