#12   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 18:03

Plan: No grains, no sugar.
Stats: 001/045/525 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
I already posted this link. See above. (Third post in the thread.)

Sorry, missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
If it's a silly, ridiculous gimmick, how do you explain the people who have lost 25, 30, and 50+ pounds on this regime?

You might want to ask these questions of the author of the diet, Seth Roberts, at his forum.

There are people who swear by the cabbage soup diet, but it's still a gimmick. I'm skeptical about this, particularly the sugar water thing. Roberts is making a lot of money from his book, like many, many people have in the past, and many, many people will in the future. And that's OK, but the fact that there's so much money in the new diet business leads me to assume something is fraudulent until proven otherwise. Most diets are gimmicky -- it's a fact. The 7 day diet. The dessert diet. The flavor theme diet. The same color food diet. And on and on.

What makes me suspicious about this is there's no real science behind it, just some psychological theorizing. There's science behind low carbing; it explains why people overeat and how they can stop, in a verifiable way. This is just some guy's psychological theory, and there's no science I can look at to check it out.