View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 12:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi! It's great to see another Wisconsin person! I can sympathize with the way you're feeling. I also cooked a lot, and I really thought that I loved to cook. Now, though, most of my family is grown and gone, and there's just my hubby and an 8 year old grandson we're raising, and after getting away from the cooking I've found that I really didn't like cooking and eating as much as I thought I did. What I've found from doing LC is a great sense of freedom -- I'm not a slave to food any more. I have control.

When I first started LC, I did worry about having to make 2 meals. But since then, my husband has joined me. It's not so difficult to just cook some meat and veggies or throw together a salad. To me, it's much easier to grill chops or steak, or to bake fish and cook some veggies in the microwave or throw together a salad. That really doesn't take any more time than using hamburger helper. Also, after joining this WOL, I've become an avid label reader, and there is no way I want to feed my family the junk that's in processed foods.

I hope that you continue educating yourself about LC and do choose a plan that you can live with. You'll find this forum is a great place to learn, to get your questions answered, and for fantastic support for you new WOL.