View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-09, 14:11

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi mariejanet

Yes, you are quite right on Montignac saying you can have berries after a meal. This is because they are so low in carbohydrates it doens't make much difference. Other plans treat them like all other fruit and say you can only have them on an empty stomach. The reason given for this is that they can just sit on top of the other foods and go off while waiting to be digested. Personaly I'm not too strict with this food rule and I've never noticed any problems.

You are also right to say that fats/oils combine with protien and not with carbohydrate.

However I disagree when you say as there is so little insulin released with protein and salad that I wont absorb the fat. Insulin is not necessary to absorb fat. Insulin is about turning carbs into body fat. Personally I watch the fats as they are so high in calories.

I'm with you on the chocolate. Lindt 85% chocolate is to die for but should be eaten in moderation. My problem is if I start a bar I'll finish it!

I weigh every day - I like the feedback.
Montignac is very much a 'good eating' interpretation of food combining, Montignac being French of course!

I also combine vegetarian products with carbs by the way.

Why not get a journal and then we and others can visit.

Good luck and keep it up.

Robert