View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 04:27

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Nikki:

I know all about candida ... been there ... done that. It sometimes can take longer. I mostly advised people to plan on at least months to rid the body of the overload of yeast. Also you need to stay away from caffeine. In American we have to stay away from pork, beef, and chicken because they are so loaded with antibiotics. I hope you are using supplements to help rebuild the friendly flora.

It is funny that many people do think sugar free means it won't impact your blood sugar, but it does to some extent and I am aware of that, but Dr. Atkins has sugar free products containing Splenda (tastes great and can be used in baking) as the sweetner and from what he has found, it does not impact the blood sugar levels in a negative way. Also, caffeine affects blood sugar. That makes me feel for diabetic persons thinking they are doing well by drinking coffee with artifical sweetner. They are not doing themselves a favor unless they are using Splenda.

I haven't checked out any sites yet in Europe for lc products. I need to ... it's just that I have been short on time. My daughter keeps me running here and there. Time will be cut shorter yet, as I start school in 10 days.

Well, I am assuming I don't have to ask if you speak Swedish. lol One day I am going make it to Stockholm for a weekend. It looks to be such a beautiful city.

It would really be fun for me to have a little shop to sell lc\sf items, plus grains, breads and such that don't impact blood sugar as bad. Nice little dream to think about.

It's great to meet you and best of luck on controling Candidias Albicans.

--Lisa