Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 10:38

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyLe_RoAd
~GRB5111

Is there any meal plan that allows you to have lots of smoothies? My jaw is really tender and I hate cooking, but it seems like all of the ones I looked at are heavy on the meat and veggies.

I'm already very consistent in how I eat though, the only meal that changes day to day is dinner? And why is peanut butter a problem? Virtually all of my carbs come from my smoothies to be fair, but the vast majority come from the frozen fruit, there's maybe one or two grams in a tablespoon of peanut butter? (Sorry if I sound defensive, I'm just confused!)

Thank you, I need some luck!

TyLe_RoAd - my comment wasn't about smoothies in general. It's more that you need to watch what you add to your smoothies. Be careful, as drinking your meals can lead to lots of unwanted carbs. Peanut butter has carbs, even the brands that don't add sugar, and the leading brands today all add sugar. Be aware!

As for fruit in smoothies, unsweetened fruit still contains fructose. Fructose at very low levels is ok, but at higher levels, there is evidence that it causes damage as much if not more than sucrose (table sugar) depending on amounts consumed. The danger with smoothies is that blending ingredients can require a lot of ingredients, which can result in the consumption of a lot of carbs (sugar). I would choose one of the plans I referenced with current guidelines, and explore how to make low carb smoothies. I'm sure there are sources available, and you might find it right here on this forum using the advanced search. Note that the simple search does not work, use the Advanced Search for this. You'll find posts.

I highly recommend DietDoctor.com as a source for constructing a meal plan. It provides lots of recipes for low carb and keto approaches. I'm sure you'll find some guidelines and cautions for concocting smoothies. If you like avocados, they are excellent for using in smoothies where they lend the creaminess desired and you can make them savory or sweet (using stevia or some other sweetener that doesn't trigger an insulin response) as you like. There are many resources available, and choosing a plan and developing an eating method based on that plan will enable you to create the necessary foundation on which you can make adjustments and course corrections as you learn what works for you. Most of all, be patient. The low carb approach works, but you have to give yourself time in learning the correct approach and seeing results. I've seen some amazing claims about rapid weight loss, but for most of us, it's a longer process that really works over time. You can do this!