View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-16, 04:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Marty has a new blog post about "Getting the right-sized low carb band-aid". Great summary of all his ideas in the insulin index and nutrient density, list of foods for different goals, etc.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/201...-carb-band-aid/

( long article, iPad not letting me copy, but the section that intrigues me is "I've hit a plateau on low carb, now what)

His suggestions on the approach to take if still not at weight goal is something I go back and forth about...should I add or subtract fat at this point? Woo's post *** a while back about formerly obese people actually being insulin sensitive (and I think it was Bill Lagokos and Amy Berger said similar) has been bugging me for months (my fasting insulin scores are very low, and The only time I reached 160 was doing a LFLC diet). Maybe fat is no longer my friend

*** I'll save you from reading her rude rants...this is the part that may apply to above:
"Jimmy insists he is fasting "to repair IR". Has he even VALIDATED that he is IR? It seems another thing he does not understand about obesity: it is a NORMAL AND EXPECTED observation of weight reduced patients to have crap metabolism secondary to insulin supersenstivity. Low levels of postprandial insulin can and will : depress FFA , fat oxidation (+ketogenesis) and facilitate greater storage of fat, within the weight reduced. The weight reduced are not insulin resistant, they are pathologically insulin supersensitive, specifically at the adipocyte. Jimmy's ongoing / years long insistence that he is "severely insulin resistant" is likely completely untrue, based in a total ignorance of the physiology , the neuroendocrine regulation of body weight. The post obese and weight reduced have an abnormal sensitivity to insulin, not a resistance. The primary defect is leptin signalling thus fat oxidation and sympathetic deficits."