View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 22:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Haha I takled one thing at a time. I knew quiting smoking would be harder so started there I did not use quit smoking aids, I used a website called whyquit.com. There is a link on there about how to quit and why it works the way it does. He explains that when you quit smoking with stop smoking aids (gum, losenges, whatever) you are providing your body with enough nicotine to give yourself withdrawls but not enough to satiate the true nicotine habit. Meaning you stay in a painful state of withdrawls until you give up the aid as well for 3 days. Many people who quit with aids end up addicted to those, or even smoking with the aid adding even more nicotine to what it takes to give them the high. If you quit cold it takes 3 days and then the withdrawls begin to receed. Those first three days suck, the worst. After that you are just battling the mental addiction.

My mother tried chantix, after seeing her take it I refused. She had horrible nightmares, and the rate of suicide on chantix is astounding. Smoking will kill you slowly but chantix might make you kill yourself. That was the way I viewed it at least. Do not get me wrong, she was off cigs realyl quickly, the chantix made them taste horrible, but the risks always seemed to high to me.

Welbutrin has also been used to quit smoking in the past, but I could not quit with it. While the cigs tasted icky I still wanted the high, I just was not really ready to quit at that time.

The biggest thing for me to quit smoking was persistance, and more persistance. I quit smoking every single day until it finally stuck. I knew I only had to get through 3 days....does not seem like long I can do anything for 3 days right? By the time the 3 days were over, it was...well I can do 3 more days right? There were times I thought I can make it one more minute, one more second...but for the most part it was all about getting through those first 3 days. I devoured the whyquit website, the layout kind of sucks but there really is a ton of good information there.