Old Sat, May-12-18, 05:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno
Just yesterday I found this Weight Watchers Multigrain bread.
It seems reasonably low carb to me, and tastes like bread, as opposed to that brick I made myself.

I see you're in Ontari-ari-ari-oh

If there's a Loblaws-related grocery nearby (Superstore, NoFrills, ValuMart, Independent etc .. and also Shoppers Drug Mart) .. look for President's Choice Blue Menu multigrain with quinoa. It's 7 net carbs per slice (9 carb/2 fiber) and at least 50¢ per loaf cheaper than WW brand.

Betty Bread is available in Quebec and Ontario .. many stores carry the regular full-carb stuff (Walmart, Loblaws, Metro, Sobey's, IGA etc etc ..) but not all carry Betty Light 100% whole wheat bread. It's 5.5 net carbs per slice (8 carb/2.5 fiber) .. and also cheaper than WW brand. If your local grocery carries regular Betty Bread, they might be willing to also stock the light bread if you ask for it

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with bluesinger in that I prefer to make my own lc breads, tortillas etc .. but not whole loaves or multiple portions. Bread is my kryptonite .. so I stick to recipes that make just one or two servings. I do understand the convenience of being able to buy fresh lower-carb bread from a regular grocery though ...