OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davideb
Thanks for your reply.
How do you feel when you lift weights? Do you feel full of energy for all the 40/50 minutes or feel a bit tired somewhere along your workout? That's what worries me, that to get energy from fat and protein instead of carbohydrate may slow down muscle movement and decrease strenght and prevent the high points. Besides the importance of consuming high carbohydrates foods and protein and very few grams of fat after workout is well documented.

We can stay in touch and share our results along the challenge if you want

D.

D - in the beginning, I was feeling a bit sluggish, however, I was just eating M&E (meat & eggs), so I gradually added in some carbs, 5 g per day, and now I'm up to 39 carbs, with it being about 7 grams of fiber, around 32 Net carbs. I feel pretty good during my workouts, my goal is to work until complete exhaustion or hitting the "high point" in the BFL plan. The only area I'm seeing a problem is around 5:00 or so every afternoon, I'm wiped out. It might be because I'm getting up at 4:30 am and am usually at the gym by 5:30 - and I'm not getting in bed until around 11:00 or so at night. So my fatigue could be my lack of sleep. This is an area I'm trying to work on - getting more sleep.
My protein has been about 180 - 200 g per day, so I think I'm getting enough protein, but I'm still not sure about carbs. I'm still tweaking the program a bit, but I just cant go to eating a potatoe or rice as the program suggest. I've gained most of my carbs thru the protein drink I drink, the Betagen drink from EAS, and fresh spinach and sometimes 1/2 piece of fruit mixed in my protein drink. I also do some LC Yogurt/cottage cheese. My weight has been coming off slow, however, the inches are melting off. I actually am probably going to have a gain this week, but I have shrunk in inches so I'm still happy with the BFL program.
I have a friend who just completed the program, and she really looked awesome. She is doing her 2nd challenge now. Here is the link to her pics from challenge #1.
http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/...os.cfm?id=15910 - The bodyforlife tracker is a great tool too. However, they cringe at the thought of LC - so I don't post over there much. Another great link regarding LC and BFL is http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/...Life.html#tweak He talks about Porter Freeman limited his carbs on meal 2 & 4. His site is very interesting and this doc has personally done the program.
When do you think you are going to start the program? I would love to share the results and findings - you might start a journal under the bootcamp section.