#9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-13, 01:07

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/182/140 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
11 points isn't much at all if you really do have familial hypochol.

If I were you, I'd get a genetic test for for your APoe type. I'm not even sure if statins help with that, but it would be a place to start. If I were the bad variant of Apoe (which is 3 or 4, I believe) I'd joint TrackYourPlaque and get advice there. That's a group founded by Dr. Davis to help people with heart disease issues. He wrote the book "Wheat Belly". I might even seen if it were possible to get a consult with him, maybe by phone. I think he's probably the most knowledgeable guy about treating heart issues by diet and supplements, and he is a cardiologist.

I'm not even sure familial hypercholesterolemia is an issue with a low carb diet. I guess it depends on whether or not you can make your LDL particles large or not.

BTW: You can get a complete genome test done at 23andme.com for $99. It's fascinating stuff and it will tell you your apoe variant.

Thanks, I didn't even know about this stuff but I had two doctors tell me I will have a heart attack by the time I'm 40 so it kinda scared me into taking my pills lol