View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 12:52

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

IF also works when you have wandered from the straight LC path and need to get back on track...a type of maintenance strategy though not the recommended one. Better not to let the weight get out of hand in the first place.
But I did, damaged my knee hiking last August, had arthroscopic surgery, then the holidays, cruise, the usual (not the stress you have had). But even though I have rarely set foot back in the gym, only short walking, 15 pounds have come off by mixing up the IF routines. Learned doing OMAD is just a form of calorie restriction that stops working, and sometimes we need to "shake things up" with our routines. IF is perfect for that...it can be longer, or with shorter or longer feasting periods, or switch the timing...Eat only breakfast rather than only dinner. Work your meals around a business/social schedule. Longer ones are amazing for reducing blood sugar levels well beyond the IF period. I overate last night yet my BG was mid-70s this morning, and I'm 66. . It is the perfect solution for stubborn insulin resistance...those high insulin levels finally begin to lower after all glycogen is used up, and body fat stores can be accessed.