#5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-01, 10:36
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen ..... what I found frustrating was that 0 carb count was listed for smaller amounts of items such as 1 Tbsp. whipping cream or mayonnaise.
Hi Karen,
You've brought up a really good point.... .. For any of these food counters and trackers, always pay attention to the counts that are listed. Even Atkins lists these foods, and cheese as well, at 0 carbs. It's still a good idea to have a reliable nutrient data source, such as Corrine Netzer's "Complete Food Counts" book. Or, use the label on the food, if there is one ... the brand you've chosen may be quite different from the "standard" used by the tracker.

For the record, Fitday has updated its database..... and the counts are more accurate.... mayo is listed at 0.373 carbs per Tbsp, 35% whipping cream is 0.831 carbs per fl. oz, which is 2 Tbsp.

The food diary is customizable, and you can edit the counts they give you, as well as create your own list, such as your favourite lowcarb recipes. I've made a list of things I consume on a regular basis...... such as a 10 oz mug of coffee plus 1 Tbsp cream. ..... Spent an hour one afternoon making up my list ..... now all I have to do is point and click ....

happy lowcarbing everybody!

Doreen