#23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-12, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/175/120 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you so much for the tips!

You are so right with Filipino food--we really love our carbohydrates here. Good thing we love our proteins too. I remember a Philippine university once hosted an international tournament where some of the attendees were vegetarian. Funnily enough, the organizers served them fish. When the vegetarians complained, the organizers said "oh don't worry, there's no pork in that." Lol. Apparently in our country, fish can be considered as vegetables.

I will be taking this one day at a time. Just ate at Tiyo's (a really nice, swanky restaurant), and everyone was eating rice! I ordered twice-cooked adobo (a pork dish) with no rice. I'm so proud of myself! I think it's just a matter of creative ordering.

Will try the recipes here in the future, although I most certainly have trouble cooking. I am not so good in the kitchen! What I need most I believe are tips on what to snack on, especially when I'm working. I'm tempted to munch on pork rind, but that's so high in cholesterol and I'm wondering if that's a good idea...