#10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-16, 08:17
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Day 1 ULC

While waiting for the book to arrive, I'm using my Atkins 1972 book to return to induction. Today is Day 1 ULC.

Some history:
My highest weight came with my pregnancy in 1972 at 170 lbs. I'm only 5'2" so even though my fat is evenly distributed, it is still high. I had a contract to play the role of Maria in the German premiere of West Side Story and only 6 months to drop the baby weight. The Atkins book had just come out and I combined that with dance rehearsals and breast feeding and satisfied the producers. The rest of my life was spent doing everything possible to avoid getting back up to the 170.

I think I've managed to lower my set point to 150, although I got down to 145 last summer. Being older, I don't want to lose muscle mass and get more wrinkled. I walk every morning before dawn for a minimum of 2 miles to keep my bones strong and my body in motion and do yoga stretching for flexibility, throwing in old-lady planking for the humility factor. Last year I walked 1000 miles.

I don't log my food. I eat simple, real food and when I'm in ketosis I'm never hungry. That's why I get metabolically stuck. "Eat only when hungry and stop when full" leads me down the rabbit hole to lower BMR and I want to use CNS to reverse that.
g