Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 165/154.5/130
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuleikaa
This is not a comparison for Atkins and we are not saying this plan is better than Atkins. What we are saying is that this plan is for carbohydrate addicts and addresses their particular and unique blood chemistries. Also, IMHO and the Hellers, CAs actually need a level of carbs to function well. Therefore, we feel this plan is better for Carbohydrate Addicts than Atkins or other low carb plans. This plan gets at the root of the problem for CAs which is a defective insulin releasing mechanism. We also feel this plan is not for you if you are not a CA.

I wasn't trying to say that CAD was better Atkins I was just wondering what the difference was for people. Like...why someone would choose to do this one over Atkins but you basically answered my question. The only other low carb diet I tried was Atkins and having to cut out carbs to that degree was just too hard for me. I am a serious carbohydrate addict. I can't tell you how many times I've eaten so much pasta and kept eating until I felt sick and miserable all night. I've never been a big meat person but I'm learning. I love eggs and chicken and shell fish. On occasion I like fish and beef so I do believe I can do this. I got the book and today I shall read it cover to cover.