#7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-10-17, 10:03

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonBill
Thud123: What I am curious to know his "how quickly" your blood sugars normalized after eliminating the carbs. I'm going hard core on this and trying to stay below 20 carbs a day and have had a pretty drastic change in just 5 days now. I am wondering how much of that decrease has to do with the diet, and how much it has to do with the medications.

I'm sorry I can't answer how quickly mine dropped below 100 on a consistent basis but by the time I got a BG meter they were pretty normal, You might want to page thru my journal as there may be some mention of it.

I was on no medication and my numbers were just above 100 - I didn't use low carb to intervene with that issue necessarily , I used low carb to investigate fat metabolism mostly.

I'd not worry about how quickly, just be concerned that it's going the right direction. And as others have mentioned, if you are still taking meds, work with your doctor to find what works for you. Some here report having to cut dosages or stop taking meds after a time.

sorry I can't be more helpful or specific.