View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 17:50

Plan: LC
Stats: 262/219/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yup/yup/nope
Progress: 33%

My symptoms started in 1991 with facial hair and terrible acne after going off bcp. Then I gained about 40 pounds in 3 months - for no apparent reason. I spoke to my dr. about the possibility of PCOS as my sister had been diagnosed but she dismissed it.

Fast forward to 2001 and I have horrible periods - can't leave the house for days, skip a month, then have 2 in one month, you get the picture.

My doctor attends a seminar one Saturday and calls me on Sunday - you need to come in so I can see you. She tells me she has no doubt I have PCOS and puts me on bcp's again.

I did try metformin a few years later when I continued to steadily gain weight and grow more hair on my face and lose it on my scalp but I didn't find it helped at all. Although to be fair I was only on it for 3 months. I hated being on it.

I saw an endocrinologist and because I already had 2 children and wasn't trying to get pregnant he said - "Yes, you have PCOS. No, you don't have a problem with your thyroid. You will have these symptoms until menopause and will never weigh less than 200 lbs. Have a nice day." Then he sent a letter to my doctor telling her I was depressed because I was crying in his office. Duh! I went to you for help - not for you to tell me there was no hope!

I have lost bits of weight here and there before but my greatest success has always been with LC and this time I plan to stick with it and see it through until I reach my goal.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find a doctor that can be of help!