Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 157.5/146/135
BF:31%/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa N
Not from what the poster said. From what I gather, it's eat whatever you're craving whenever you're craving it and count the points.
CAD allows a reward meal with carbs, but it has to be balanced with proteins and veggies (equal portions of each), ONLY once a day and it has to be eaten within a one hour time span. The rest of the day is strictly very low carb.
Not being able to stick with low carb because of cravings and feeling deprived is a pretty good indication of carb addiction and that's a hard one to kick if you keep feeding the addiction.

I guess you must of misunderstood me. I didn't mean to imply eat whatever you crave and count the points. I mean if i want the bread with my eggs OCCASIONALLY then have it. same with the fruit. I'm not about to feel quilty because i had a piece of fruit or bread it's within my ccl. I was just looking through the points book which has to do with choices I do not choose low fat high carbs foods and then add the points. I choose to low carb what I am experimenting with is this: I CANNOT do without bread for the rest of my life or fruit or a baked potatoe (occasionally). So I looked through the points book that I had when I did ww and if you incorporate healthy choices, by that I mean no low fat no sugar but some complex carbs it falls within range of both. I'm not saying it's for everyone. But it's for me. It's better then feeling guilty because you had something you consider bad for you. You can honestly tell me you will NEVER eat bread or fruit or cave into a potatoe some time in the FUTHER. All I am doing is tryng to learn how to control my eating habits. Since when is fruit bad? As long as I learn how to eat right by choices and I do mean good choices what's the harm? and why bash it? I did my induction.

I believe i'm back in balance and I will not throw myself out again because I want healthy carbs. I will not choose refined carbs and count the points and say it's okay. I know better then that but I am truely being honest with myself and I'm learning how to handle those times when you want to go off the wagon. Isn't it better to eat the bread or the fruit? You still end up being within your ccl. As for points because I choose Atkins way to eat I was just seeing side by side what the two came up to. to my surprise they were both within range and I choose high fat foods from the points book. not high fat and carbs together either.