View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 21:31

Plan: keto <50 net carbs
Stats: 183/163/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 47%
Cool Back after a long time for health reasons more than weight this time

Hello all! I'm very glad to be back to an incredibly supportive community!

The last time I started a "serious" LC diet I was in college and really wanted to lose my freshman 15. I danced around a lot of diets and was really impressed with the amount of science, support, and good advice I received here. I was not committed. As I said I "bounced around" quite a bit. I did not commit to anything particularly, rather I cherry picked the things out of each diet that I thought that I would like. I experimented with something new every few days. After a few years my physical activity got back to normal, I took the weight off no problem and quickly abandoned my LC lifestyle. That was in 2006 ish.

I've roller-coasted a few times since then, (I'm 5'6", have gone between 125-180, and I feel best at ~145lbs). I've always been able to take weight off pretty easily with exercise and since I'm an athlete that usually hasn't been a problem. But with age, school, work, inactivity, and the mental problems those stressors bring it's been a lot harder these past few years.

I have eliminated added sugars, refined carbohydrates,, and most processed foods (I'm a strict ingredient list reader) and have been feeling a lot better these past few days. I am a nursing student and believe I should set a good example for health and I strongly believe that maintaining stable blood sugar and insulin levels will greatly increase my own health and help me to lose weight, even if it is slowly I'm okay with that. I just want to say out loud to someone that I am making the commitment.

Thanks for listening/reading K8
Sponsored Links