#52   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 22:24
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default There WAS another post here... hmmm

I got an email about another post on here, and was looking at it... then went to the first page, so I could get the url for jonathan's webpage, and tofi's post is gone! I didn't see where it was anything bad.... but anyhow... I went to see the website... and if jonathan is so against ketogenic diets, then why is he providing links to places that are selling products for those on ketogenic diets!? And I agree with Kristine... who is the "we" that is talked about?
Quote:
The time this happens naturally is when you are starving. When you don't take in any food, this whole process begins automatically to keep you from dying.
I am sorry to disagree here... there are other times that a body is in ketosis without starving.
Quote:
Physiological Ketosis ::As we've mentioned, suckling babies (high-fat diet of the milk) are in a natural state of ketosis. Another natural ketosis occurs after exercise, caused by the depletion of stored carbohydrate reserves (glycogen) in the liver. Yet another natural state, which less desirable, is fasting that is prolonged beyond 24 hours. All these situations have in common a low carbohydrate-availability status.... as well as in pregnancy.