View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 23:23

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi, I agree with the others on the protein. I'm a Kwasniewski fan myself and I use Fitday for reality checks. That has American food.

Body shape - can you identify family members she resembles? I appreciate she can still grow but a lot of girls have reached their adult height at 16. From here on the added weight is in bone mass and increasingly dense muscle (just like the guys). This increases through the 20s.

Can you measure inches as well as pounds? When you do both you get a better picture of lean body mass.

What do her meals look like?

Just some thoughts -

Her protein range is 60 -75 g per day. 45g could be slowing her down by sending signals to the body to conserve energy because not enough is coming in. As a teen I would encourage her to have the upper range too.

Her carb range would be 30 - 50. Yes, 50. I have the book and he says different things about carbs in different places. He says in one place for example, that 50 is okay for most people. Particularly if she gets wonky energy at the lower carb levels. If she's doing sports and things, she could go up to 50 a day and stay healthy. (that is net carbs)

Is she getting carbs from starchy veg? This is not a sweet plan.

And finally, yes, for weight loss, her fat range would be about 100g - 150 g a day.

The other thing is meal timing and composition:
A good breakfast with at least 1/3 the day's protein.
No snacks.
Have enough at dinner so she can not eat between dinner and breakfast. This is the old fashioned poor man's intermittent fasting.

I split my carbs up like this:
not much at breakfast
2/3 at lunch
1/3 at dinner

For some reason it feels good to have my heavier meal in the middle of the day.