#4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Quote:
I thought a healthy-weight body shape would be more like this?:

Really depends on what type of body shape she is. I have cousins that carry all their weight on their hips and thighs, others that are top heavy, a few that were rail thin. I remember my pear shaped cousin starving herself and trying every fad diet under the sun, pressure and belittling from her mother, only to learn that it is her body type she can't change. Because of her body shape, she wears a bigger size than i do, but she weighs LESS than i do.

You are best to keep doing what you are doing. Most "role" models for teenage and preteen women are waif girls, tiny even. They do not eat healthy. I have two daughters that eat almost nothing but refined carbs and prepackaged foods..they are rail thin wear a size small. Then my other daughter, who at only 12, is taller than i am-shes just over 5'6, and her bone structure is very very "robust" She takes after her Grandmother's side, very tall, big boned, and flat chested. She doesn't have any "role" models to compare herself to. I do not want to stress size on her, try to feed her healthy foods. I am also stressing that people come in all shapes and sizes and for some..trying to look or conform to everyone else standards, just impossible. Like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Good luck. I wouldn't worry given your daughters height and body shape at all.