#5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.31971/239/209 Male 167 cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Your program looks a lot like what some bodybuilders do for a contest prep. Those guys are doing something that's very catabolic, trying to get down to low single digit body fat. So very high protein might make sense in that context.

Calories are protein-sparing, this seems to be as true for calories released from body fat as from the diet.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi40.htm

You might have read this Berardi article already, but he includes an interesting bit on lean mass loss while cutting;

I don't see any problem necessarily in the approach you're taking, you may respond to it very well--it's just that from your starting point, I think probably you don't need to stress protein quite so much from a purely muscle gain/maintenance perspective. There are studies showing gain of lean mass while losing weight, with protein intake more like what Rob was talking about or lower.

Sometimes people fight over whether a low carb diet should be high in protein or high in fat. I think it should be one or the other, or somewhere in-between. Whatever the individual responds best to.

Thank you teaser!
I'm still working on protein amount and my meal plan adjustment

by doing Atkins on third day, my appetite is going down which makes me reducing the protein amount for example i eat 2 whole eggs today only (after walking) instead 6 eggs white and feel full!!

However, I 'm still loosing pounds after that huge protein amount (2 days ago) so i'm very happy with that!

The only thing that i'm angry with is my energy. almost gone! I feel like a dead zombie! hopefully it doesn't take long time! I walked for 45 mins at low rate and could not do my lifting training!