#7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-16, 10:29

Plan: LCHF and OMAD
Stats: 298.4/187.6/145 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Sounds like a good day to me. You made dinner for your family. This is can be an under appreciated task even if you enjoy it. You have a lucky family. You have eaten on plan the last two days and wrote everything down. That's not so easy to do and you're developing good habits. You recognized that you were eating something that you have decided you didn't want to eat today and put it down. Sounds like solid thinking and decision in a crisis situation, and that is also not easy to do. You made some food (eggs and bacon) that you and yourself have agreed you're gonna try for a while to see if it helps you regain your health. That takes time and commitment and having proper foods on hand which required some prior planning. Nice!

If I was you, and I'm not, I would let both anger at myself and pride in myself go after I experienced them for a bit and re-decided if you want to continue with your new plan. You are not required to do so unless it's something you want to continue to pursue. If you do, you've probably made another good decision.

I've lost count of how many ways this has been a good day for you. Perhaps you can find some more. Some people say "Learn from you mistakes so you don't do them again" I'm coming to the belief now as I'm getting older and greyer and dumber that it's easier form me to learn from my successes and try to reproduce things that created the necessary conditions for them to occur.

And how many carbs? how about count it as "20" - if that's right or wrong it doesn't really matter. I said it's twenty so, it's twenty unless someone that's not you can prove otherwise

You will do well! Mistakes are fertilizer for tomorrows yet blossoming decisions.

PS> Do what Kristine says!

Dear Thud,

I took your advice and let yesterday go. What's done, is done. Can't change it. I can only move on and learn from my mistakes. And I agree, yesterday was actually a good day, my hubby, bio kids and foster kids raved about the yummy supper. It is very unusual for the six kids to agree on anything food related. So yesterday was a win!

Thanks for the pep talk, much appreciated.