#30   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 08:02

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegotdis
Hi jschwab. Thanks for helping and giving new idea's, but truth is my doc said to stay out of water and steam rooms cause they will raise my blood pressure. I don't know much about blood pressure but I do know a high reading can be really dangerous. She says to walk. I am thinking to try lifting again. I hope its ok but when I lay flat, I get so much pressure in my head I have to sit up. My ankles stay swollen except when i run, but I won't be running until I lose at least 75lbs. I have got to try something to get this weight off. I learned not too long ago that the pills the doc has me on, makes me gain weight. It is why I know running will help the most, but I won't run anymore for a while. But thank you.

That sucks. I know how you feel about walking not being the same. I would just be careful carrying weights on your ankles - you can get some pretty bad stress injuries from that. If I were going to try weights and walking, I would probably carry handheld weights or maybe get a weight vest (although this can put pressure on the spine). It sounds like you are just done with sitting around and resting. I am over in the Triple Didgits Club, too.